Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control center icon

I had an icon for the control center on the Home Screen that has disappeared. What is it supposed to do? How do I get it back? Pic shows what it looked like in upper right.

iPhone

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 6:08 PM

I think Apple may have made a statement about it at some point but I'm not sure. I do remember it was a fairly common question when they first did it. At one point the horizontal line was also a temporary indicator but I just noticed on my phone that it is now permanent -- I'm not sure when that happened.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 6:08 PM in response to kmh1331

I think Apple may have made a statement about it at some point but I'm not sure. I do remember it was a fairly common question when they first did it. At one point the horizontal line was also a temporary indicator but I just noticed on my phone that it is now permanent -- I'm not sure when that happened.

Control center icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.