Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page numbers in Pages Book template

Hay all,

I have a book written in Pages "Edgy Novel" template. I want to start the numbered pages a few sheets in (after the title page, etc). I see stuff about "sections"that's supposed to make it easy but I can't seem to get mine to cooperate. I'm on Catalina 10.15 / Pages 10.2.

thanks!

Jon

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 4:10 AM

Hi Jon,

That template already has Section breaks. Click in the Section where you want to start Page Numbering at 1.

Document button > Section > Headers and Footers > Untick Match previous section.

Regards,

Ian.

7 replies

Nov 3, 2020 7:05 AM in response to jonrlind

jonrlind wrote:

SG,

Thank you so much for your input! Everything you say makes perfect sense. BUT, all the options you give me, specifically Page Numbering, are greyed out(!)

J

'Insert Page Number' is a gray button. Did you click it so you see this?

You make your choice of format and the number will be inserted in the box in the Footer.

SG

Nov 3, 2020 6:55 AM in response to SGIII

SG,

Thank you so much for your input! Everything you say makes perfect sense. BUT, all the options you give me, specifically Page Numbering, are greyed out(!) and I cannot find any way to make it editable. So frustrating! I've never used this template before (1st book) so it's a real conundrum that it 's not responding as easily as other templates.

Whatever else you can suggest would be so appreciated.

J

Nov 4, 2020 6:52 AM in response to Yellowbox

Gentlemen,

Thank you from the bottom of my mass of diodes and circuitry! Thanks to your input, I have figured it out! Now that the numbering has been solved, perhaps a publisher will actually think I'm smart enough to write a book and put the darn thing out there.

Again, my deep and sincere gratitude for your guidance.

Jon

Page numbers in Pages Book template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.