Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending Photos - Attachments vs Embedded

We have invested a lot of money into our Iphones for photo taking and sending capability for our business. We NEED the photos to be sent as attachments, not embedded within the e-mail. HELP. This has got to be fixed. If there is a setting I'm missing, please let me know. If this is something that it going to remain, we will need to be looking another direction, because this is wasting a lot of time. Thank you.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 2:21 PM

In Outlook then, how do I get them to come across as a jpg attachement.

8 replies

Nov 11, 2020 8:18 AM in response to MLTOPAYNE

Exactly!!! It used to be very easy to send and move .jpg, but the current process is ridiculous. I have spent hours researching and trying to change it back to the way it used to be. :-( I will have to get a different phone for work use because of this. If anyone there at APPLE reads this, it would be great if you could help us. NEED to be able to send .jpg photos from Iphone to work e-mail as attachments.......

Nov 11, 2020 6:10 AM in response to jeanine237

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE, I VERY OFTEN SEND MYSELF PHOTOS AND ATTACH THESE TO EMAILS VERY QUICKLY. I WILL GO TO PHOTOS, SHARE WITH MY WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT AND FROM MY DESK I CAN SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE THE PICTURES TO ANOTHER EMAIL . IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO ATTACH PICTURES TO AN EMAIL I AM COMPOSING, BUT FOR SOME REASON NOW THE MAIL APP ON MY IPHONE IS EMBEDDING THE PICTURES WITHIN THE TEXT BODY OF THE MAIL AND THIS IS A NIGHTMARE AS YOU NEED TO 'SAVE AS' EACH SEPARATE PICTURE AND SAVE TO A LOCATION, ETC. I TAKES 10 X LONGER, I AM VERY FRUSTRATED. MIGHT BE LOOKING TO CHNAGE TO ALTERNATIVE PROVIDER FOR NEXT ROUND OF BUSINESS PHONES I THINK.....

Nov 3, 2020 2:50 PM in response to celliott147

They are being taken as jpg. My issue is I take tons of pics for work on my iPhone XR ... it's great to email them to myself at work and just drag them into the files I need to all at one time and rename them all at one time. Saving these 1 x 1 and having to type in the names, find the file, etc. is very time consuming. I was hoping it was just a fluke because it used to attached them versus embed. Thank you for your time in trying! I'd like to go back down to the OS version on my iPhone where I could do this. LOL.

Sending Photos - Attachments vs Embedded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.