Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage High

I have a iPhone X with 64GB storage, currently I'm using 47.1GB of the 64GB and it's mostly by Apple Maps app. The strange thing is when I go to settings>general>iPhone Storage, Maps is using up 22.58GB of storage, way higher than any other app, when I click on it, Documents & Data within the app is using 22.53GB of the storage. When I scroll to the bottom of the list to "Other" it's using 895.1MB of storage when Apple Maps app is installed. But when I delete Apple Maps app, "Other" jumps up to 23.39GB of the storage.?????

Any help please, I don't feel like going through a complete reset to new. Why does "Other" jump up so high once I delete Apple Maps?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 5:58 PM

After deleting Apple Maps and seeing the other storage spike.. Have you tried restarting the phone?

Even if it starts back up with other being high, if you let it sit for awhile does it start to decline?

2 replies

iPhone Storage High

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.