Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air 2015 Final cut pro

Can I run Final cut pro 1080p/4K on a 2015 macbook air with 8GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 6000, and Intel i5 1.6GHz.

All help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 1:29 PM

As Ian said, it will work, but it not the best choice for video. The integrated GPU is not very powerful, and it will use part of the existing RAM. The i5 processor is only dual core with no hyperthreading. 8GB (minus the RAM allocated to the GPU) will do but having 16GB will give your mac some breathing room.

If you can get a slightly older (say 2013 or 2014) 15” MBP with a discrete GPU you will be much better served.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 1:29 PM in response to harshafromcolumbus

As Ian said, it will work, but it not the best choice for video. The integrated GPU is not very powerful, and it will use part of the existing RAM. The i5 processor is only dual core with no hyperthreading. 8GB (minus the RAM allocated to the GPU) will do but having 16GB will give your mac some breathing room.

If you can get a slightly older (say 2013 or 2014) 15” MBP with a discrete GPU you will be much better served.

Macbook air 2015 Final cut pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.