Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 battery draining quickly

I recently updated my Apple Watch 3 software to version 7.0.1. I had a lot of trouble initially getting it to download and install the update, and once I finally did, my watch battery drains very fast. By around 5:00, it's at ~20% battery life. Before the update, I could wear my watch all day and still have the battery life around 70%. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what was the solution?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 5:48 PM

Hi there ldietz0329,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are concerned about the battery life on your Apple Watch after updating to watchOS 7.0.1. There is a more current OS version that may help. Try updating the Apple Watch again: Update your Apple Watch.

Also make sure the Apple Watch is fully charging and that it has a good connection to the charger. Let us know if the issue continues.

We hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2020 5:48 PM in response to ldietz0329

Hi there ldietz0329,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are concerned about the battery life on your Apple Watch after updating to watchOS 7.0.1. There is a more current OS version that may help. Try updating the Apple Watch again: Update your Apple Watch.

Also make sure the Apple Watch is fully charging and that it has a good connection to the charger. Let us know if the issue continues.

We hope this helps!

Apple Watch 3 battery draining quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.