Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate apps on my screen

Since the last update I have multiple screens with duplicate apps. How can I erase them without erasing the apps altogether!

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 6:29 PM

so you are running iOS 14 then correct? Are you running 14.1 or 14.2 (beta)

Are you sure that you're not just swiping over to the App Library?

Have you restarted your phone?

If you are truly getting multiple instances of an app on your home screen.. My approach would be to test by trying to remove one of the duplicate apps. See what it does. If the one that remains on the home screen still seems to work as expected (launches the app), then I'd just remove all the duplicates.

If that doesn't seem to be working, could try removing both occurrences of the app, confirming that they go away.. maybe restart your iPhone.. then pulling the app back onto your home screen from the App Library

note that 'removing' an app is not the same thing as deleting..

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

see section Move apps to the App Library

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 6:29 PM in response to Michael Sanford1

so you are running iOS 14 then correct? Are you running 14.1 or 14.2 (beta)

Are you sure that you're not just swiping over to the App Library?

Have you restarted your phone?

If you are truly getting multiple instances of an app on your home screen.. My approach would be to test by trying to remove one of the duplicate apps. See what it does. If the one that remains on the home screen still seems to work as expected (launches the app), then I'd just remove all the duplicates.

If that doesn't seem to be working, could try removing both occurrences of the app, confirming that they go away.. maybe restart your iPhone.. then pulling the app back onto your home screen from the App Library

note that 'removing' an app is not the same thing as deleting..

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

see section Move apps to the App Library

Nov 5, 2020 4:05 PM in response to Chris0107

I’m running the latest version and the app library is not the problem. I have restarted the phone several times. some of the apps are Apple only apps and I don’t want to try to remove them because they are in the cloud and i don’t want to screw that up. I did remove on of the duplicates and it is apparently gone. It’s impossible to delete the system apps.

Duplicate apps on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.