Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Event dates randomly changed in iCal

I have an event that has been repeated weekly (on a Thursday) since September 2020 and will end the repeat in December 2020. However, today that event seems to have randomly jumped to a different day (Tuesday) and time. It was fine this morning, and I saw it on my calendar, but as soon as the event finished today, it jumped.

The strange thing is, now the event is repeated every week prior to December (my scheduled ending date) even way past my original starting date (I scrolled back to the year 2005 and the repeated event is still popping up on my calendar)

I have tried signing in and out of icloud on all my devices, but this event still appears. When I sign into icloud.com to check the calendar, the event is not even listed, the original or otherwise.

I sync and save all event on my devices (as opposed to only the past year or few months) as I sometimes have to refer back to past events. Is there anything I can do? or is this a glitch I should manually fix?

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 2:46 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Nov 5, 2020 10:36 PM in response to odaryleo

1. The time zone is wrong .

One reason you might not be able to see the event in the place you expected to find it is that it might be in a different time zone. If you’ve changed the event’s or the calendar’s time zone, the location of the event on your calendar will move to match the new time zone. Look for the event in its local time zone or open “Calendar” then “Preferences” and make sure that the calendar’s time zone is set correctly.

A much easier problem to solve is the inability to change the time zone of an event. The problem is likely to be that you’ve turned off time zone support.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203483

You might have to erase the iPhone and set it once again also back up the data https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977 , before that take suggestions from senior apple care advisors https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232

You have not mentioned the version of an iPhone also update the iPhone https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204204

Nov 6, 2020 3:05 AM in response to tygb

Thank you for the walkthrough with the photos, however the problem is I can not get to the initial date because the application thinks the initial date is way too far in the past. When I right click on any of the events it only says "Delete all future events" as the middle option.

I consulted another friend, he told me to go to my calendar on my laptop (as it's difficult on iOS). Hold the "option" key then right click and click "delete" which will then give me the options to delete all the instances of the event.

This procedure fixed the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Nov 5, 2020 1:44 PM in response to zinacef

No, it is not.

To temporary fix the problem, I’ve gone back far enough (the year 1980) and deleted the event and all future events, but anything before that it reappears.

I’ve also noticed this occurred with one other event from the past. I scrolled back even further to illustrate the bug and attached a photo. Again this does not show up on iCloud calendar through the browser, but it shows on all my devices in their apps.

Nov 6, 2020 2:47 AM in response to odaryleo

Created an event on a date 3rd in sept 2020 and its ends in month December 2020 , click on repeat used custom and selected Thursday the events are repeated , click on All .

The results are .

Gone to initial date of event in the month of sept , right click on it and delete .

Click on the middle option delete all , they vanish .

These are the screen shots of calendar application from Mac , the same events will be reflected in iCloud.com as calendar application is synced with iCloud , in system preferences of Mac , the box of calendar is checked , also the iCloud accounts are signed in internet accounts .

Nov 6, 2020 1:24 AM in response to tygb

Thank you both for your replies.

The devices I use are an iphone X with the latest iOS 14.2 (just updated today to see if it will fix, to no avail. The problem occurred while using iOS 14.1), iPad Pro 3rd Gen with OS 14.2, and laptop with Catalina 10.15.7

At first I thought it was a time zone problem too, but I always set the time zone as I deal with events in different time zones. For these particular events the time zones are set to Tokyo. After it randomly moved, the time zones was also still Tokyo.

As mentioned before, these are events I have set myself. It seems the starting date for the event is misinterpreted when pushing to all the devices, but as mentioned before the event does not show up on the icloud.com browser version of iCal. I have worked around it by deleting the event way past even the age of iCal itself.

I am convinced this is a programming glitch. So I guess I will contact a senior care advisor as mentioned.

Event dates randomly changed in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.