Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical red line on screen of Apple Watch Series 5

I bought a half year ago an Apple Watch Series 5 Cellular. But a month ago i realised that there was a red line if i opened the torch light. I sent back my Apple Watch to Apple and the sent me a new one BUT it has the same problem? Is there a fix for this?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 4:38 PM

Hi there SusplssBE,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your Apple Watch had a red line showing on the display so it was replaced. The replacement has the same red line. We'll be happy to help.

When you got your replacement Apple Watch did you set it up from a backup of your previous Apple Watch? Do you use a case or screen protector? If so, did you put that on your new Apple Watch?

You can try erasing your Apple Watch, then setting it up as a new device, leaving off the backup. Test to see if you have a red line on the display. If you don't, there may be an issue with that backup. If it still appears, there may be an issue that needs repair.

Make sure you have a recent backup of your iPhone. Then use this page to erase and set up as new: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

Here are the basic steps to set it up: Set up your Apple Watch.

Reach out here for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Take Care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 4:38 PM in response to SusplssBE

Hi there SusplssBE,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your Apple Watch had a red line showing on the display so it was replaced. The replacement has the same red line. We'll be happy to help.

When you got your replacement Apple Watch did you set it up from a backup of your previous Apple Watch? Do you use a case or screen protector? If so, did you put that on your new Apple Watch?

You can try erasing your Apple Watch, then setting it up as a new device, leaving off the backup. Test to see if you have a red line on the display. If you don't, there may be an issue with that backup. If it still appears, there may be an issue that needs repair.

Make sure you have a recent backup of your iPhone. Then use this page to erase and set up as new: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

Here are the basic steps to set it up: Set up your Apple Watch.

Reach out here for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Take Care!

Vertical red line on screen of Apple Watch Series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.