Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp made my Macbook unusably slow

Hello all,

A while ago I had a problem with my Macbook Pro 15" 2017 running dramatically slow during normal usage (apps bouncing for minutes before they launch, generally it started to run extremely slow) and format fixed it. I had no idea what was the cause, but I left it as is because finally my Mac started to work as it should. This week I tried to prepare a bootable USB with Windows 7 and I tried to run Boot Camp Assistant - it said that I had not enough space on my HD and then all the problems returned - my Mac is sluggish and I just can't stand it. I don't want to format it again as I suppose there is a simpler solution. I have tried NVRAM + SMC reset and Disk Utility doesnt show any errors in Recovery Mode.

Could you please give me suggestions what could possibly be the issue?

This

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 5:22 PM

Well, it sounds like it's true, you don't have enough space on your hard drive.

You haven't provided any evidence that this is untrue.

What is the size of your HD? How much free space is available? Is it a mechanical drive or a SSD?

Please read: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5931

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 6, 2020 12:31 AM in response to Lanny

I mean - I didn't mean to install Bootcamp. It just ran for a while because I googled that it is possible to use it for preparing a bootable USB with Windows 7 (of course legal version from my University), progressed with a loading bar and then my Mac became miserably slow.

Currently I have 470/500 GB used on my SSD drive. I'll try to remove some things and I'll give an update if it fixes that.

Bootcamp made my Macbook unusably slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.