Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular connection drops off and doesn’t reconnect

i having issues with my iPhone XS since I have updated to iOS 14. The phone drops the 3G/4G connection and doesn’t reconnect till I switch off the phone and restart it. I have done everything from erasing the phone and restoring, & changed carriers SIM card. It works fine when connected to wifi. But when I leave the house and it connects to cellular, that’s when it happens. Anyone has a work around? Or a fix? Phone works fine when connected but what irritates me is this loosing signal. I have updated to iOS 14.2 today but still haven’t found any improvements. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 2:04 AM

If it is a Network / Carrier / SIM issue --> If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad ...

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

Finding No service? --> If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad ...

2 replies

Nov 6, 2020 3:16 AM in response to SravanKrA

I have everything but unfortunately nothing works. The SIM card is new. Updated to ios14.2, already reset network settings and also done a full clean and restore. Still the same issue. Today it’s happened three times. Problem is I can’t pinpoint where the issue is. I have another iPhone XS which works fine. Same network everything identical except the colour. So if one works and the other doesn’t it’s either hardware or software. Apple will never admit it’s a software issue since they think whatever they do is perfect unless the problem is a major problem. So basically I’m stuck. Only last option is take it to apple and leave it to them to fix it since I’m not going to pay if it’s software related. Grrrrrrr.....

Cellular connection drops off and doesn’t reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.