Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 12 Pro Max come with a SIM card?

Do I need a new SIM card for iPhone 12 pro max

if so does it come in box with new phone?

if not what type?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 7:18 AM

It was already installed in the phone. There's nothing to install. Either you have arranged for the sim to activate to your number on turn on, or you can simply call your cellular provider after you set up the phone to move your phone number over to the new phone. You can even do the activation yourself though your carriers website.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Pgt1972

It was already installed in the phone. There's nothing to install. Either you have arranged for the sim to activate to your number on turn on, or you can simply call your cellular provider after you set up the phone to move your phone number over to the new phone. You can even do the activation yourself though your carriers website.

Nov 6, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Pgt1972

Your new phone should come with a new sim card. In years past I would have said just transfer the sim from your old phone to your new phone and you'd be fine. With these phones having 5G modems, I would recommend using the new sim in the phone.

I just ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max and through the order my telephone number with AT&T will automatically activate on the new phone when I turn it on the first time.

You may not have ordered your phone to do that. My new phone is not carrier locked as I will not be under a contract to AT&T at all.

Does the iPhone 12 Pro Max come with a SIM card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.