Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Reinstall Mac OS when reset to factory settings

1. I am getting the operation cannot be completed Chunkeddownload error 5 while installing Mojave

2. I am getting unable to download installer information failed on target volume while installing Catalina

3. I tried installing with bootable USB Mojave but I get error saying you this Mac is not allowed to use external drive and can't even change the security settings as it asks for password and when I click on it it says No Administrator found. I am just stuck here. Really need help to Reinstall macOS again, right now my Mac is dead.

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 10:50 AM

That’s right No OS, last night I managed to Re-install Catalina , I am still not sure what was the exact root cause.

I have used multiple different wifi n/w’s , tried Personal Hotspots as well but no luck. Finally I had Windows laptop with me which Has 4G Sim in it , I Tried to create Personal Hotspot from it and tried But again no luck. Interesting part is now when I changed back to my Home Wifi Network( which never worked from couple of weeks 20times I have tried before ) Everything just worked perfectly and Network started downloading macOS and finally I was able to Re-Install macOS Catalina On My MBP 2018.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 10:50 AM in response to BDAqua

That’s right No OS, last night I managed to Re-install Catalina , I am still not sure what was the exact root cause.

I have used multiple different wifi n/w’s , tried Personal Hotspots as well but no luck. Finally I had Windows laptop with me which Has 4G Sim in it , I Tried to create Personal Hotspot from it and tried But again no luck. Interesting part is now when I changed back to my Home Wifi Network( which never worked from couple of weeks 20times I have tried before ) Everything just worked perfectly and Network started downloading macOS and finally I was able to Re-Install macOS Catalina On My MBP 2018.

Unable to Reinstall Mac OS when reset to factory settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.