Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Videos not showing on my iPhone?

Morning all,

I am hoping you can help.

I have iCloud all set up photos etc all syncing perfectly.

However, I have downloaded some home movies into the "Home Videos" on my Mac, and these do not seem to be syncing with my Apple TV apron my iPhone. There are some in there from previous downloads ( not sure how that happened) but now having added several, these are not syncing to my iPhone.

Is there something simple I am missing?

I have checked settings - iCloud on the phone, and "Apple TV" or "home videos" does not seem to be in the list for me to flick the green slider across allow syncing?

Thanks

MacBook on Catalina - iPhone X on iOS 14.2

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 3:15 PM

Hi Piers1,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help syncing these videos you're seeing on your Mac under the Home Videos section to your iPhone. We're happy to help!

Movies that appear in the Home Videos of the Apple TV app on Mac do not sync via iCloud to Apple TV app on iPhone. To have your Home Videos appear in the Library section of the Apple TV app on iPhone, you'll want to connect your iPhone to your Mac using a Lightning to USB cable, then sync the movies directly.

The following guide has detailed information to help:

Sync movies between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Alternatively, you may prefer to save the movies to your Photos app on Mac. That way, the movies will appear in the Photos app on iPhone as well, since iCloud Photos is enabled on each device. You can simply drag and drop the videos from the Apple TV app to the Photos app on your Mac, and they'll upload to iCloud Photos.

We're here for you if you've got any questions!

Have a great day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2020 3:15 PM in response to Piers1

Hi Piers1,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help syncing these videos you're seeing on your Mac under the Home Videos section to your iPhone. We're happy to help!

Movies that appear in the Home Videos of the Apple TV app on Mac do not sync via iCloud to Apple TV app on iPhone. To have your Home Videos appear in the Library section of the Apple TV app on iPhone, you'll want to connect your iPhone to your Mac using a Lightning to USB cable, then sync the movies directly.

The following guide has detailed information to help:

Sync movies between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Alternatively, you may prefer to save the movies to your Photos app on Mac. That way, the movies will appear in the Photos app on iPhone as well, since iCloud Photos is enabled on each device. You can simply drag and drop the videos from the Apple TV app to the Photos app on your Mac, and they'll upload to iCloud Photos.

We're here for you if you've got any questions!

Have a great day.

Home Videos not showing on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.