Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is one contact at the top of text messages on iPhone

On my text message menu where all of the text messages can be seen...one of my contact icons is at the very top centered above all of the other text messages...how do I get this to go back to normal?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 9:15 AM

Just FYI - That is Pin a text contact to the top feature that you may have accidentally activated. You can keep pinning other members of your Messages app as well for easy access.

You can remove the Pinned contacts by Touching and Resting your finger on the pinned contact icon (jen1) and that will open up a sub-menu and then you can choose Unpin.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 9:15 AM in response to Jlew455

Just FYI - That is Pin a text contact to the top feature that you may have accidentally activated. You can keep pinning other members of your Messages app as well for easy access.

You can remove the Pinned contacts by Touching and Resting your finger on the pinned contact icon (jen1) and that will open up a sub-menu and then you can choose Unpin.

Axel F.

Why is one contact at the top of text messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.