Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS14 Podcast voices are talking very fast since updating. Please Help

Since updating to iOS14 last week, the voices on the podcasts I listen to, are talking very fast, perhaps 25%–35% faster. Not just with one podcast, but with ALL of them. I am a 70+ year old Senior and this makes podcasts very hard to follow. Is there a control panel in my Settings to change this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 3:34 PM

There's a playback speed control on the Now Playing view which can be adjusted between 0.5 and 2.0x. When the podcast is playing tap on the episode name at the bottom of the screen to view the playback controls.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201859

4 replies

Dec 2, 2020 12:04 PM in response to Stephen Spark

Hi Stephen, I am 32 and this happening on my phone like the app is possessed. The episodes skip back to the beginning, it’s skipping in place, they speed up. I’ve been using apple podcast app for years and use it daily for my news and music. This is so frustrating. I’ve shut down my phone and nothing changed when I turned the phone back on. I’m on a NEW iphone11 with iOS 14.2.

If I delete the app from my phone and re- download it, will I lose my saved episodes?

iOS14 Podcast voices are talking very fast since updating. Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.