Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update messed up my Messages

My iphone just updated and now my Messages does not work? I can go to my iMac to see them but will not appear on my phone. What's up?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 9:11 AM

Greetings MontanaGranny!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with getting your messages to appear on your iPhone. That certainly sounds confusing and we're happy to help look into it! Do you have iMessage enabled still in Settings > Messages > iMessage? Make sure that setting is enabled and also check to see if iCloud messages are enabled in Settings > Tap your name at the top > iCloud > Messages > Enabled. Then give the device just a bit of time to download those messages and see if they appear in the Messages app again.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 9:11 AM in response to MontanaGranny

Greetings MontanaGranny!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with getting your messages to appear on your iPhone. That certainly sounds confusing and we're happy to help look into it! Do you have iMessage enabled still in Settings > Messages > iMessage? Make sure that setting is enabled and also check to see if iCloud messages are enabled in Settings > Tap your name at the top > iCloud > Messages > Enabled. Then give the device just a bit of time to download those messages and see if they appear in the Messages app again.

Take care!

Update messed up my Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.