Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving emails after iOS 14.2 upgrade.

Anyone suggest a fix for this?Have tried numerous times and no joy.I also have a iPad Pro with the same problem.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 3:18 PM

27 replies

Nov 12, 2020 1:01 PM in response to 974gep

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, 974gep.

If we understand your post correctly, you're not able to receive mail on your iPhone or your iPad Pro. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Dec 2, 2020 8:15 PM in response to StreetApple

Loading old emails first. Have to log out and close and relog in and wait to see recent emails. Very frustrating. Saw email from 2016 at the top (most recent) and responded today thinking it was new. Very concerning. Please fix this issue in how emails load. Should only see recent at top not emails over 4 years old. Caused a scare today because of this issue. Was resolved after texting son-in-law but very concerning if others haven’t brought this up yet. Happening on both IPhone XS and IPad. Please fix.

Dec 3, 2020 7:19 AM in response to Igotlostagain

I'm having the same problem and it occurs on both my iPhone and iPad. It been going on since I updated to 14.2. Mail worked fine before the update. Oddly, it works fine on my wife's phone which is identical to mine. In the last week I upgraded our iPhones from 6S to SE and the problem carried over to my new phone. Email works fine on my MacBook Pro. I also loaded Outlook on my iPad and it works fine with all my email accounts. I've deleted the Mail accounts (and even the mail app) on the iPhone and added them back. I've been over all of the IMAP and SMTP settings with both Apple Support and my email account provider. Occasionally after re-adding the accounts the emails would appear and then disappear on my iPhone for this account. Since nothing has solved the problem I'm hoping that 14.3, will but nothing in the beta notes talk about mail bugs. So.... I don't know what to do next.

Dec 14, 2020 4:27 AM in response to StreetApple

I updated over a week ago and all of the sudden this morning I’m unable to send email. I get an error saying to go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords. But that no longer exists. I go to passwords and it just shows me my current (correct) password. And when I go to Mail > Accounts, there is NOT a place to update my password. I feel like somewhere a connection has disappeared. I hope this gets fixed soon as I rely on my email all day at work as I work in Special Ed.

Dec 16, 2020 8:48 AM in response to Funtwin

I upgraded to 14.3 on my iPad this am. After upgrading I deleted my account. For some weird reason after I deleted it, it was still there and I had to do it again. Then I added it back in again. All of my mail is available if I log into Webmail via Safari but for some reason the iOS mail inbox will not fully sync using the IMAP server. All of the other folders seem to sync fine. What's even stranger is that after the inbox does sync, emails start disappearing from the Apple mail iOS inbox. 14.3 did not fix this bug. Come on Tim, you can do better. Even MS Outlook works for this account.

Jan 22, 2021 7:50 AM in response to lglavish

Just tried deleting the offending account on all devices, turning off iCloud email. Then I turned on iCloud email and added the account to my iPhone. At first all 94 emails synced to my inbox. Then slowly they started disappearing until all but one old email was gone. Called Apple Support to followup on the original case I submitted (101232888593) and they had closed the case with no resolution. The support person suggested that I reset my iPhone. I do not want to do that. Has anyone tried?

Mar 5, 2021 4:50 PM in response to 974gep

I've been having this same issue. Just did a search for missing emails on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and the emails show up, but only in search. Closing out of search, the emails aren’t there. Must be a IOS 14.4 bug. I’m going to try and remove the specific email account and then re-add it and see if that resolved the issue. Strange thing though... I have 4 email accounts. It only occurs in the one gmail account. Not my other gmail or work and school accounts. And it doesn’t occur on my MBP. I should add that my passwords are correct as well because I do get some, but not all. And like I mentioned, if I search for missing emails, they do show up, but only under search.

Mar 6, 2021 8:55 AM in response to 974gep

Same issue that I had. Mail worked on MBP but for my local ISP Mail my inbox would not sync. It would drain the batteries on my iPad and iPhone. My solution was to start using my iCloud account as they allow up to three aliases. So I auto forwarded all my ISP email to my iCloud account and removed the ISP mail account from all my devices. I created one alias for trash emails when a website requires you to provide an email address. This has an added benefit of eliminating most of my spam emails because most ISPs are HORRIBLE at filtering out malware and spam. I just couldn’t wait any longer for Apple to fix iOS

Not receiving emails after iOS 14.2 upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.