Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Phone 11 self lowering sound volume

Why does my I Phone self lower the sound volume?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 9:51 PM

Did you notice whether this happens only when your iPhone is in your hand(s) and when you are looking at it?

This is part of the Attention Aware Feature of the iPhone. When the iPhone has your attention while you are looking at the screen (typing, reading websites or working with an app), then it automatically reduces the sound because it knows you are looking right at it so no need to issue loud notifications.

You can turn this feature off if you want by opening Settings Accessibility Face ID & Attention Attention Aware Feature set this to OFF.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 9:51 PM in response to AlaskanJim2540

Did you notice whether this happens only when your iPhone is in your hand(s) and when you are looking at it?

This is part of the Attention Aware Feature of the iPhone. When the iPhone has your attention while you are looking at the screen (typing, reading websites or working with an app), then it automatically reduces the sound because it knows you are looking right at it so no need to issue loud notifications.

You can turn this feature off if you want by opening Settings Accessibility Face ID & Attention Attention Aware Feature set this to OFF.

Axel F.

I Phone 11 self lowering sound volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.