Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since upgrading to ios 14.2 my ipad shows 0 for "screen off" time even if the screen is turned off for several hours.

since upgrading to ios 14.2 my ipad shows 0 for "screen off" time even if the screen is turned off for several hours. Any know fixes?

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 2:12 PM

Hi Bruce Johnson1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that, "Screen Off" displays 0 minutes for the activity usage of your battery. We'll be happy to help.

Has the screen remained locked with nothing displayed on the screen, while listening to music or podcast? Also, have you waited between 24 to 48 hours, since the update to iPadOS 14.2 for this specific behavior? If not, we suggest to give it 24 to 48 hours and see if, "Screen Off" continues to display the battery usage at 0 minutes. Please keep in mind, background activity needs to be in use, such as listening to music or podcast for "Screen Off" to display any sort of usage in Settings > Battery.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 2:12 PM in response to Bruce Johnson1

Hi Bruce Johnson1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that, "Screen Off" displays 0 minutes for the activity usage of your battery. We'll be happy to help.

Has the screen remained locked with nothing displayed on the screen, while listening to music or podcast? Also, have you waited between 24 to 48 hours, since the update to iPadOS 14.2 for this specific behavior? If not, we suggest to give it 24 to 48 hours and see if, "Screen Off" continues to display the battery usage at 0 minutes. Please keep in mind, background activity needs to be in use, such as listening to music or podcast for "Screen Off" to display any sort of usage in Settings > Battery.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

since upgrading to ios 14.2 my ipad shows 0 for "screen off" time even if the screen is turned off for several hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.