Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4 skype video chat

All my friends have skype and I'm the only one with an iPhone 4 so I can't video chat with any of them is there any guess to when skype video can be used on the iPhone 4 or if it will ever happen?

IPhone 4, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 25, 2010 2:30 PM

2 replies

Jul 25, 2010 2:54 PM in response to Jd hall

Quoted from Skype:

"Skype is the market leader and champion of video calling for consumers and it's clear to us that mobile video will become increasingly important to our customers in the coming year. We are glad to see that Apple recognizes the value and potential of mobile video.
However, just to be clear, we are not considering FaceTime as a technological platform for video calling in our own products. Based on Apple's statement about FaceTime being an open platform, we are looking forward to see how this process unfolds. We look forward to working with Apple to bring the best possible mobile video calling experience not only to the millions of Skype users on the iPhone around the world, but also to the countless more making video calls on desktops, TVs and other connected devices."

Message was edited by: wjosten

IPhone 4 skype video chat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.