Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp

I partitioned my main SSD for Win10. I have the ISO downloaded. What do I do next? When I go to Bootcamp, I see the following. However my partitioned disk is empty.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 7:55 AM

BC Assistant creates the partition. The manual creation is an exception to the rule, and is only necessary, if BCA fails to create it. Can you remove W10 and let it create the partition? If it fails, then we can diagnose the issue(s).

Similar questions

11 replies

Nov 9, 2020 7:32 AM in response to Loner T

Yes, I manually created the partition just like you had posted a link on an earlier thread.

Exactly. I'm confused as to how BCA automatically recognises it as partition for Windows.

Could this be because I had previously Bootcamped earlier this year for about 2-3 weeks, then I used BCA to restore it and deleted all the related files?

Do you want me to do a screen record from the start? I can remove the current partition and go over the same process?

Nov 9, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Loner T

Hi

It started working after I restored the partition through BCA. I have no idea how that happened, as before, on doing the same, I would get the pop up telling me I need at least 42GB, even when I had 50GB free space. I had cleared up additional 20GB, maybe that's why it worked. I've no clue. Even on fulfilling the basic requirement of 42GB it didn't work. I guess there needs to be 10-20GB buffer from the minimum.

Thank you so much

Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.