Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest compatible version of Logic Pro X for MacOS High Sierra

What is the Latest compatible version of Logic Pro X for MacOS High Sierra ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 9:40 PM

Just to reply to myself - it bugged me that I couldn't find a specific update prior to the release of Mojave. This site recorded the release of Logic Pro 10.4.2 on 27 September 2018 which was the same week Apple released Mojave.

Logically then the previous update 10.4.1 was the final one when High Sierra was the current MacOS. This was reviewed here on 1 March 2018 (at least I think it is - I'm translating 3/1/18 from the American way with the day/month the wrong way around (at least wrong for the rest of the world).

When or if Logic Pro ceased to work in High Sierra I couldn't discover.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2020 9:40 PM in response to David McKinlay

Just to reply to myself - it bugged me that I couldn't find a specific update prior to the release of Mojave. This site recorded the release of Logic Pro 10.4.2 on 27 September 2018 which was the same week Apple released Mojave.

Logically then the previous update 10.4.1 was the final one when High Sierra was the current MacOS. This was reviewed here on 1 March 2018 (at least I think it is - I'm translating 3/1/18 from the American way with the day/month the wrong way around (at least wrong for the rest of the world).

When or if Logic Pro ceased to work in High Sierra I couldn't discover.

Nov 8, 2020 8:03 PM in response to K.K.K.T

The tech specs for Logic Pro 9 (2009) gives Snow Leopard 10.6.8 as the minimum

The tech specs for Logic Pro X (ie. 10) (2013) gives Mojave 10.14.6 as the minimum.

I find this confusing or at least incomplete because when version 10 was released the current MacOS was 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. 10.9 Mavericks followed Logic Pro X in October 2013.

Therefore I'm thinking that your unstated question is at which point in the incremental updates to Logic Pro X did it require Mojave 10.14? I can't find anything in the release notes that observes the upgrade to Mojave. Hopefully someone who has this (expensive) software might offer some more precise advice.

Latest compatible version of Logic Pro X for MacOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.