Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep being asked to re enter email password

Since I updated to IOS 14, every day I’ve been asked to re enter an emails password. I have 6 emails on my phone and it’s going through each one. Nothing about the emails have changed, the password it was using is still the same password.

when I don’t re enter the email I get spammed with the error alert and it makes my phone completely unusable. How do I stop this?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 6:38 AM

Hi there Beevie,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re being prompted to put in your email password repeatedly. We’ll be happy to help.

If you log into your email provider’s website using a web browser, like Safari, is your password accepted? Have you tried removing that account and adding it back? If not, start there.

Since you mentioned the issue starting after updating to iOS 14, you can also back up your data and update to the latest version of iOS 14, using these steps: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We hope this helps.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 6:38 AM in response to Beevie

Hi there Beevie,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re being prompted to put in your email password repeatedly. We’ll be happy to help.

If you log into your email provider’s website using a web browser, like Safari, is your password accepted? Have you tried removing that account and adding it back? If not, start there.

Since you mentioned the issue starting after updating to iOS 14, you can also back up your data and update to the latest version of iOS 14, using these steps: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We hope this helps.

Best regards.

I keep being asked to re enter email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.