Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos back up to iCloud

I have paid for a 2TB upgrade to my icloud storage and I can see that that is available. On my MAC when I got to Photos preferences / icloud and select icloud photo Library it says not enough space and wants me to purchase the 2TB option I have already purchased..My photo library on Mac is showing as 522 GB. What do I need to do?

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 3:20 AM

On my MAC when I got to Photos preferences / icloud and select icloud photo Library it says not enough space

What is the exact error message? Is not enough space on your Mac or in iCloud?

• If you cannot enable iCloud Photos because of not enough space on your Mac, disable the "download originals" options. Photoswill not allow you to enable iCloud Photos with "Download originals", if the photos already in iCloud will not fit onto your Mac, in addition to the existing photos on your Mac.
  • If you cannot enable iCloud photos because the photos in your Photos Library will not fit into the iCloud storage in addition to the photos already in iCloud, check the size of the free iCloud Storage. You need enough free iCloud storage to upload the complete library in addition to the photos already in iCloud. Are most of your photos already in iCloud, uploaded from other devices?

How much free cloud storage do you have?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 3:20 AM in response to digidec

On my MAC when I got to Photos preferences / icloud and select icloud photo Library it says not enough space

What is the exact error message? Is not enough space on your Mac or in iCloud?

• If you cannot enable iCloud Photos because of not enough space on your Mac, disable the "download originals" options. Photoswill not allow you to enable iCloud Photos with "Download originals", if the photos already in iCloud will not fit onto your Mac, in addition to the existing photos on your Mac.
  • If you cannot enable iCloud photos because the photos in your Photos Library will not fit into the iCloud storage in addition to the photos already in iCloud, check the size of the free iCloud Storage. You need enough free iCloud storage to upload the complete library in addition to the photos already in iCloud. Are most of your photos already in iCloud, uploaded from other devices?

How much free cloud storage do you have?

Photos back up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.