Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on IPad OS14.1

All my photos changed to a smaller size while using photos on my iPad using OS14.

Even the photos I had already used in my Apple notes app.

How do I get all the photos back to original size ?

This is hard for an 81 year old man.

help !

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 11:37 AM

Hi Corriganville,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. We understand that your photos became smaller after updating your iPad to 14.2, and we'd be happy to look into this more.

On your iPad, navigate to: Settings > Display & Brightness, then scroll down all the way to the bottom of this page, you'll see the option "View".

Do you see it set up to "Standard" or "Zoomed"?

If it is set to standard, change it to zoomed, and let us know if that helps.

Magnify the iPad screen with Display Zoom

If the issue persists afterwards, please contact Apple for further assistance.

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2020 11:37 AM in response to Corriganville

Hi Corriganville,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. We understand that your photos became smaller after updating your iPad to 14.2, and we'd be happy to look into this more.

On your iPad, navigate to: Settings > Display & Brightness, then scroll down all the way to the bottom of this page, you'll see the option "View".

Do you see it set up to "Standard" or "Zoomed"?

If it is set to standard, change it to zoomed, and let us know if that helps.

Magnify the iPad screen with Display Zoom

If the issue persists afterwards, please contact Apple for further assistance.

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Nov 16, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Corriganville

Hello Corriganville,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like the photos on your iPad are smaller in size, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Do you recall anything changing on your iPad before noticing this issue? Like a software update, or installing an app?

Are you having this issue with photos only or with photos, and text being smaller than before?

Have you tried to restart your iPad? If not, please give it a shot, and let us know if that helps:

Restart your iPad

Also, check out this helpful link:

Zoom in on the iPad screen

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Nov 21, 2020 7:44 PM in response to Corriganville

Hi Corriganville,

Thanks for following up to us. We understand the importance of getting this issue with you photos being smaller resolved. We'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction to get some help.

Just to confirm, did you use any gesture like clicking the Home button to see the photos larger? Also, is this happening in all apps? does the text got smaller as well or just the photos?

At this point, we'd recommend reaching out to our Apple Support for further assistance. You can reach out to them here:

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Photos on IPad OS14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.