Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 not showing wifi icon in upper right...what else can I try?

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem. I updated to 14.1. The iPad no longer shows the wifi signal icon in upper right.

I CAN see wifi in settings (and it shows it is connected) and can switch networks, also shows in pull down screen. But I cannot connect to the internet and it seems it has something to do with the missing icon.

I've rebooted, restarted, rebooted while plugged in, turned on airplane mode and rebooted, turned off airplane mode and rebooted, turned off bluetooth, wifi, cellular in every permutation/combination and restarted, I channeled Steve Jobs during a reboot...nothing.

I CAN airdrop both to and from the iPad. I cannot send a text, though. I'm off to reboot my network (again), but if anyone had experience and/or advice, I'd really really appreciate it. I <heart> my iPad so very much.

(oh and although it is cellular, I don't have that activated right now...just use from home over wi-fi).

Thank you!

A very sad Cris

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 6:18 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 16, 2020 9:42 AM in response to cristina411

Hello cristina411,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are not seeing the Wi-Fi icon at the top of your iPad display. You have done a good job of troubleshooting so far. The next thing we would suggest is to update iOS on your iPad. See this article for a reminder on how to do that:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still not seeing the Wi-Fi icon, then we would recommend getting a current backup of your iPad and then reinstalling iOS. These articles will guide you through this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When you get to step 4 in the second article, you want to make sure that you choose the "Update" option to avoid erasing your data.

Best regards.

iPad Air 2 not showing wifi icon in upper right...what else can I try?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.