Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Blurry in top left corner

Any one else seeking a blurry rectangle at on their screen after doing the update? Any idea how to make it go away? Or how to actually report it to Apple?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:20 AM

Happened to me this morning, it’s an easy fix. Go to settings, Display & Brightness then switch from light to dark. Should 100% get rid of that weird blur. If not reset and it’ll be back to normal.

67 replies

Mar 5, 2021 8:01 AM in response to TiggerAnge

(im not a BOT bruh I'm a real human lol)

This happened to me a a few mins ago and decided to research about what caused it. luckily i’m not the only one that experienced the top left blurry thingy, if ur experiencing the same thing and don’t wanna restart ur phone just go to the display setting and keep on switching the “Light mode” & “Dark mode” and it should go probably away on its own.

Dec 10, 2020 1:14 PM in response to TiggerAnge

Yes. Happened on mine too. Top left. Perfectly shaped. Only effects top left. It has to be the update. I’m so glad someone else has exactly what I have! Relief. So unless were the only tel. Not hardware issue. It’s all update.

Dec 17, 2020 6:22 PM in response to TiggerAnge

The Dark/Light mode change works temporarily for me until I go back to horizontal mode, which is how I first noticed this. Mine has a map in it with some results from Hawaii, where I wish I was. (Currently in rainy, cold Oregon.) Haven’t yet tried to restart and do the horizontal test again, but this is super annoying.

Dec 19, 2020 11:16 AM in response to ajsmw

If it was Apple maps it is probably a bug in the code. Remember how they used to have those little gray squares when the data was loading? I cannot replicate this on my device, but try this:

1) If it is not Apple Maps delete and reinstall the app.

2) If you have Apple Maps or if 1) does not work, go to the map application used and view it in horizontal.

3) Search for random locations in the horizontal view.

4) Close all applications and restart your phone

I am interested to see if that works

Dec 23, 2020 1:42 AM in response to jyotika144

Since this is a software related issue, I think it is just small bug that would be tough to replicate or trigger intentionally.

Or both our phones are compromised by an elite team of hackers from foreign county’s military that is using millions of other devices to attack core infrastructure causing many nations to devolve into failed states. This would lead to food shortages making cannibalism the only option for survival, especially if there is a nuclear winter.

So worst case scenario, you become a cannibal that lives in a nuclear wasteland.

(sorry, I clearly have way too much time on my hands)

Feb 27, 2021 8:10 AM in response to TiggerAnge

For me the problem is 100% reproducible. I have an iPhone XS running iOS14.4. Each time an application makes use of the horizontal mode, e.g. make a photo with the Photos app and try afterwards to look at it horizontal mode, or I look at a photo in WhatsApp, it occurs.

Settings - Display & Brightness - Appearance: Dark -> Light or Light --> Dark, immediately overcomes the problem until the iPhone is used the next time in horizontal mode.

Mar 5, 2021 9:53 AM in response to -m22

Since the the day before yesterday the problem spontaneously evaporated, i.e. it has not occurred to me anymore, after my iPhone XS had this disease for 4 days.

I did not install any further updates apart from the one on WhatsApp, which initially did not helped.

So, I'm happy. Hope the problem disappears for my iPhone XS forever.

iPhone Blurry in top left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.