Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage notification issues on Apple watch

After the last 2 updates I am having problems with my notifications on my watch series 6. It keeps showing unread messages even when I've read them on my phone and it even counts messages I've sent as unread messages. The watch isn't supposed to give an alert if you're reading and responding on your phone but mine is. I was hoping this latest update would fix it but it didn't. It's very annoying. My phone is the XS Max and I have the latest updates on both my phone and my watch. Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:16 AM

Hello Pryingiz,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand messages on an Apple Watch appear as unread, even if it's been read on an iPhone. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, we recommend to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch. This can help resolve unexpected behavior. Here's two helpful articles with the proper steps:

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. How to restart your Apple Watch

In addition, we suggest to see if, "Mirror my iPhone" is selected in the Messages app for your notifications. To review that, open the Watch app on your iPhone > tap the "My Watch" tab in the lower left corner > Notifications > Messages > Mirror my iPhone.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Pryingiz

Hello Pryingiz,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand messages on an Apple Watch appear as unread, even if it's been read on an iPhone. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, we recommend to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch. This can help resolve unexpected behavior. Here's two helpful articles with the proper steps:

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. How to restart your Apple Watch

In addition, we suggest to see if, "Mirror my iPhone" is selected in the Messages app for your notifications. To review that, open the Watch app on your iPhone > tap the "My Watch" tab in the lower left corner > Notifications > Messages > Mirror my iPhone.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

iMessage notification issues on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.