Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Samsung T7 External SSD

I am on macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). It is a Macbook Pro 16".

I am not a beginner.

I am trying to clone my HD on my new Samsung T7 external SSD. Format: APFS. Not encrypted. No password. I am trying it with Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper.

No matter what I do, it fails just seconds after I press "Clone". It stops. No files are transferred.

CCC says "The APFS replication procedure failed". On their site, they say they do not know what causes this.

When I manually drag and drop files on the T7, it works. So, the drive is OK. I just cannot make a copy of my HD on it.

I tested it on my wife's Macbook Pro. Same problem. Any help?

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:13 AM

I said "I am not a beginner", but more advanced users can be fools too.

My version of CCC was not the latest one. I upgraded it to the latest version, and now the problem is gone. Cloning works.

Lesson learned: when you have problems with a software, first upgrade to its latest version. Sometimes, the problem gets solved just by upgrading.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 6:13 AM in response to Bento de Espinosa

I said "I am not a beginner", but more advanced users can be fools too.

My version of CCC was not the latest one. I upgraded it to the latest version, and now the problem is gone. Cloning works.

Lesson learned: when you have problems with a software, first upgrade to its latest version. Sometimes, the problem gets solved just by upgrading.

Problem with Samsung T7 External SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.