Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad ID

How do I change the user ID on an iPad? My wife got a new iPad and has given me her old one. I'm new to Apple devices (converted PC user except for my phone) and I need to know how to remove her ID and make it mine.

Thanks for any assistance!

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:45 AM

To prepare the old iPad for reuse, the best approach is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This will wipe the iPad, remove the Activation Lock - and allow you to setup again “as new” from the “Hello” screen. You can create a new AppleID if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 6:45 AM in response to RetiredNotDead

To prepare the old iPad for reuse, the best approach is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This will wipe the iPad, remove the Activation Lock - and allow you to setup again “as new” from the “Hello” screen. You can create a new AppleID if needed.

iPad ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.