Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you trade in the early 2020 macbook air for the new one just revealed?

Just bought the early 2020 Macbook Air back in August. I just watched the reveal for the new one with the M1 Chip and I'm having buyers remorse. It has so much more power and better performance for the same price I paid for this one. Any idea if there will be a trade in available? The website does not have a trade in for the 2020 Macbook air listed.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 7:47 AM

I recently spoke to Apple Customer Support (again) about the lack of trade in towards the 2020 models. They said that they do work with a 3rd party company and they simply do not take in current model year products. They said it would generally take almost an entire year after a product was launched before they would show up in Apples list of trade in products. I was instructed I would be better off trying to sell on my own if I was wanting to replace it with the newer M1 Macbook lineup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 7:47 AM in response to AppleIncognito

I recently spoke to Apple Customer Support (again) about the lack of trade in towards the 2020 models. They said that they do work with a 3rd party company and they simply do not take in current model year products. They said it would generally take almost an entire year after a product was launched before they would show up in Apples list of trade in products. I was instructed I would be better off trying to sell on my own if I was wanting to replace it with the newer M1 Macbook lineup.

Can you trade in the early 2020 macbook air for the new one just revealed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.