Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virtual Box on apple silicon

Can virtual box run on the apple silicon M1 chip? If not, what software that act like virtual box, can run on the apple silicon M1 chip? Currently, I'm using macbook pro early 2015 and I'm planning to buy new one.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:34 AM

AungZan wrote:

Can virtual box run on the apple silicon M1 chip? If not, what software that act like virtual box, can run on the apple silicon M1 chip? Currently, I'm using macbook pro early 2015 and I'm planning to buy new one.

Open source is going to lag behind the curve a bit, however...

new Parallels Desktop

We switched Parallels Desktop to universal binary and optimized its virtualization code; and the version that we are eager to try on these new MacBook Air, Mac mini and MacBook Pro 13" new M1 SoC

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 11:34 AM in response to AungZan

AungZan wrote:

Open source is going to lag behind the curve a bit, however...

new Parallels Desktop

We switched Parallels Desktop to universal binary and optimized its virtualization code; and the version that we are eager to try on these new MacBook Air, Mac mini and MacBook Pro 13" new M1 SoC

Virtual Box on apple silicon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.