Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless keyboard

The left shift key on my wireless keyboard isn’t working - it means I can’t input my password to log on and open my iMac. Any suggestions please? If I buy a new keyboard how can I connect it without being able to log on?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 2:01 PM

GillGL wrote:

Thanks. I’ve had the Mac for about 6 or 7 years and not sure if I connected the wireless keyboard before I set up user name and password. If I did then I won’t be able to connect a new one without logging in will I?? Sorry, not as tech savvy as most

Set up your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, and trackpad ...

if you are still in doubt after you purchase your wireless keyboard—and then you continue to have issue, Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 2:01 PM in response to GillGL

GillGL wrote:

Thanks. I’ve had the Mac for about 6 or 7 years and not sure if I connected the wireless keyboard before I set up user name and password. If I did then I won’t be able to connect a new one without logging in will I?? Sorry, not as tech savvy as most

if you are still in doubt after you purchase your wireless keyboard—and then you continue to have issue, Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Nov 10, 2020 1:43 PM in response to GillGL

GillGL wrote:

The left shift key on my wireless keyboard isn’t working - it means I can’t input my password to log on and open my iMac. Any suggestions please? If I buy a new keyboard how can I connect it without being able to log on?

Same way you set it up with original wireless keyboard.

Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Keyboard compatibility ...

Use an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with Mac ...

you can always Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.