Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos to be deleted

iCloud photos said to be deleted in 2 days but I pay my bill every month automatically- I just bought a 12 mini and can sync photos then - can I postpone iCloud's delete intent until new phone arrives next week? My old iPhone is broken so I haven't been able to sync for a few months - that must be why my photos will be deleted? I'm copying them as fast as I can but it will take days. I pay for 200Gb and only use 13Gb... why will they be deleted?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:04 PM

Unfortunately there's no number to call to pause deletion. Have you considered offloading the photos to a computer or external hard drive/device in the meantime rather than scheduling them for deletion?

5 replies

Nov 11, 2020 7:15 PM in response to zinacef

Thank you for replying. I have been getting notifications and it is also in a banner at the top of my iCloud page. I think I get why they are going to be deleted (because I can't sync them), but I am just scrambling now to save them all and it sucks because my new iPhone arrives in just a few days but it will be too late. Since I had 'optimized' on my device, automatic photo backups to Dropbox wasn't taking place. I have so many pics that I thought were backed up that weren't. Really there isn't just a phone number I can call and get the deletion paused for a few more days until my 12 mini arrives?

Thank you.

Nov 12, 2020 12:21 PM in response to zinacef

Yes, I am in process of copying the 57,000 photos. Since they download one at a time from iCloud.com to my 2 TB external drive, it takes very long. I had Dropbox backing up photos daily for years, and then when I optimized photos in my iPhone it took me a little while to realize that was preventing Dropbox from backing up. I am just hoping to save as many as I can at least up to the point the iPhone optimization prevented Dropbox backups. I know better now and can't wait for my new iPhone 12 to arrive tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the replies!

iCloud photos to be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.