Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to link contacts

I'm not understanding what a link is, I trying to figure out, because everyone is using link. Is there better way to learn how it works? Or something easier you understand a video anything. I need to understand how the link works,

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:19 PM

Hello Holograph-4000-IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with links. We are happy to share information that may help.

If you're referring to linking contacts, check out this article for more information: Link contacts in Contacts on Mac.

If you're referring to something else, please provide a few more details such as:

1. What do you want to link?
  2. On which device do you want to do this?

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 7:19 PM in response to Holograph-4000-IOS

Hello Holograph-4000-IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with links. We are happy to share information that may help.

If you're referring to linking contacts, check out this article for more information: Link contacts in Contacts on Mac.

If you're referring to something else, please provide a few more details such as:

1. What do you want to link?
  2. On which device do you want to do this?

Take care.

Nov 23, 2020 6:49 PM in response to Holograph-4000-IOS

Hello Holograph-4000-IOS,

Thank you for following up. We'd be happy to provide additional guidance.

To link a contact, you'll want to open the Contacts app. Tap on a contact. Tap "Edit" in the upper right-hand corner. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page. There, you'll see a "Link Contact" option. When you tap on "Link Contact," you'll be taken back to your list of contacts where you'll be able to select which contact you'd like to link.

Linking contacts is mainly used when you have created two separate contact cards or contact entries for one contact.

We hope that helps. Take care.

Nov 20, 2020 5:55 PM in response to melissa_m77

Hello Melissa_m77

Sorry, it took so long to get get back to you.

To start with, I do not have a Mac computer or a Mac Laptop. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max also an iPhone 11.

You suggested I read link contacts on a Mac. It referred to a field named cards in a Mac. I looked for a field on my iPhone, that was named cards, I didn't have one. I'm not sure if this was intended? If was, I didn't understand it.

Is there anything else that might help me?

How to link contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.