Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.7 update issues.

After the Catalina 10.15.7 update, my external TB3 hard drives are either disconnecting or aren't being recognized and a restart is required. I've switched out cables and tried different TB ports. It started immediately after the update. And of course, I'm still seeing the random shutdown issue that Apple has yet to resolve since August.

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:40 AM

Over time I have seen that the problems seen after updates have always been problems which were already there, but which surfaced with the upgrade. I suggest that you download, install and run the free app EtreCheck. Be sure to enable full disk access. It will then generate a system report which you should save and then post below under "Additional text". That report provides a comprehensive view of the condition of your Mac. Then, I am sure that someone here will be able to offer some useful suggestions for resolving your problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 10:40 AM in response to Strangemood_Studio

Over time I have seen that the problems seen after updates have always been problems which were already there, but which surfaced with the upgrade. I suggest that you download, install and run the free app EtreCheck. Be sure to enable full disk access. It will then generate a system report which you should save and then post below under "Additional text". That report provides a comprehensive view of the condition of your Mac. Then, I am sure that someone here will be able to offer some useful suggestions for resolving your problems.

Catalina 10.15.7 update issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.