Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifying an Android that “You’re Blocked”...

Since technology is constantly improving. Does anyone know if there is a way to inform an Android phone user that I have blocked them if they attempt to text or call me? I would like the person attempting to contact me to know directly that I have in fact blocked them...I have an iPhone 7+...I know it’s outdated. But, it’s paid for and I don’t want a bill at this time! Lol Thanks...

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 8:11 AM

I don't know of an automatic response to inform people that they are blocked. You could send them a message and format it something like "This is an automated message informing you that the phone number ***-***-**** has blocked the number ***-***-**** from receiving any messages or calls." The other option of course is to just let them know why they are being blocked.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 8:11 AM in response to 4Answers

I don't know of an automatic response to inform people that they are blocked. You could send them a message and format it something like "This is an automated message informing you that the phone number ***-***-**** has blocked the number ***-***-**** from receiving any messages or calls." The other option of course is to just let them know why they are being blocked.

Nov 12, 2020 8:21 AM in response to anypats

THANKS!!!! You are awesome!!! Great out of the box thinking!! I’m a nurse and thought my critical thinking skills were on point!!!! I’m disappointed that I didn’t think of that option myself!! Lol...That’s even better than an actual automated response...Thanks again for your advice. It was extremely beneficial and I will send the blocked response myself...Actually, that would be even more fulfilling too! :-)

Nov 12, 2020 8:47 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for your response and that is beneficial information as well...There are some that might read this and be in a predicament of potential threats or danger...Under those circumstances. Sending a personalized “You’re Blocked” might not be the best resolution as it could exacerbate the situation...Fortunately, I’m not in that predicament...It definitely would not be good to add fuel to a fire...In my case, it’s the perfect resolution... 😊

Beneficial feedback just in case!!!

Thanks again and take care...

Notifying an Android that “You’re Blocked”...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.