Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad User Guide

How do I locate the user guide / manual for the ipad 8th generation with iOS 14.2?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 1:48 AM

Unfortunately, neither the online nor Apple Books (downloadable) versions of the iPad User Guide for iPadOS are designed for hard-copy printing.

The online version is a set of hyperlinked web-pages; the Apple Books version is much the same. Both are designed to be accessed electronically. The Apple Books version is intended to be downloaded to the device itself (or alternative device) - therefore keeping an accessible local copy that is always accessible - even when away from an internet connection.

There are several hard-copy books available to purchase from booksellers, but none of them are official books from Apple. Consider also that the User Guide is a “living” publication; it is frequently updated as and when new features are added to the Operating System - or as functional changes occur. As such, the use of an electronic format ensure that the most up-to-date information is always at hand.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 1:48 AM in response to mrclean77

Unfortunately, neither the online nor Apple Books (downloadable) versions of the iPad User Guide for iPadOS are designed for hard-copy printing.

The online version is a set of hyperlinked web-pages; the Apple Books version is much the same. Both are designed to be accessed electronically. The Apple Books version is intended to be downloaded to the device itself (or alternative device) - therefore keeping an accessible local copy that is always accessible - even when away from an internet connection.

There are several hard-copy books available to purchase from booksellers, but none of them are official books from Apple. Consider also that the User Guide is a “living” publication; it is frequently updated as and when new features are added to the Operating System - or as functional changes occur. As such, the use of an electronic format ensure that the most up-to-date information is always at hand.

Nov 12, 2020 6:52 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks, that was a great help. You can tell I'm a novice with Apple. Next question -

Does anyone know how to print the ipad, iOS 14 manual via the PC. The ipad is a birthday gift to my wife and I'm on the PC, alas, and Windows. In the mean time, I'll try to get my wife familiar with the way the manual is built on the ipad so she can read it.

ipad User Guide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.