Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is just 16GB and it’s give me storage problem everything what can I do to it without freeing up space

What can I do to upgrade my phone storage

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:59 PM

If you have a lot of photos and you have a computer , if you move them to the computer you can either sync back selected photos, or if you sync them all back you will save 50% of the photo storage

Check Settings, General, iphone storage you can see storage by app. Do you need all that social media history?

In Settings, Safari delete history.

In Settings, Mail set days to sync to lower amount

(a phone that age may be on ios12 or earlier so the Settings may be different)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 12:59 PM in response to akinterinwa

If you have a lot of photos and you have a computer , if you move them to the computer you can either sync back selected photos, or if you sync them all back you will save 50% of the photo storage

Check Settings, General, iphone storage you can see storage by app. Do you need all that social media history?

In Settings, Safari delete history.

In Settings, Mail set days to sync to lower amount

(a phone that age may be on ios12 or earlier so the Settings may be different)

My iPhone is just 16GB and it’s give me storage problem everything what can I do to it without freeing up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.