Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch & Health Steps different

Recently my Apple Watch and health data have been different. Yesterday, steps on my watch were over 12,000, yet on health app and phone only 8,000. It’s then not following through to the app Trainerize.

Ive googled already and I’ve ensured all my data tabs are turned on, and I’ve prioritised my watch to be at the top of the list of ‘data sources’ so it’s not these issues.

when I go onto devices there are 2 Apple watches listed. One says ‘this device is no longer paired with this iPhone’ and the other says ‘no data available’. I’ve only ever had one watch and I did restart and connect it the other week and my watch also wasn’t sharing activity with my paired friends.

please let me know you if you can help!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:11 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2020 1:46 AM in response to Imw345x

This is a known problem with 3rd party apps;

Here is a solution from another forum member;

LiftRunRead

Move Ring

RESOLVED: my move ring would unexpectedly lose calories. For example, after exercising, my Apple Move ring would show 500 calories. But later in the day, it would drop to 425. I discovered this was due to a duplicate workout recorded from my connected Strava fitness app, which would record fewer calories. So I deleted my duplicate Strava fitness data from the day’s workout, and my Apple Move calories returned to their original count. Hope that helps.

It seems to do the same thing with other 3rd party apps as well.

Apple Watch & Health Steps different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.