Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sign in to FaceTime after updating to 10.15.7

I rebooted my Macbook at let it install the most recent update, so now I'm on Catalina 10.15.7. When I try to sign in to FaceTime, it tells me "This account has no reachable addresses. Please sign in to appleid.apple.com in order to add one."

But I do have a reachable address configured there.

I tried turning off and on "set date and time automatically" because I saw that suggested somewhere else, but it did not help.

MacBook Pro 15″, 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:58 PM

I appreciate the help, unfortunately I tried everything listed except for updating to Big Sur, and none of it worked.

Facetime was working until I updated to Catalina, so I'm not inclined to update to Big Sur and risk breaking something else. I'll just use something else for video conferencing.

3 replies

Nov 19, 2020 9:54 AM in response to WhySoFunky

Hello WhySoFunky,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with FaceTime on your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, try the steps under "If you can't sign in to FaceTime" in this article: If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac.

You may also want to look at the information here: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.

Take care.

Nov 24, 2020 10:09 AM in response to WhySoFunky

Hello WhySoFunky,

Thank you for following up.

Try signing in to your Apple ID account here: Manage your Apple ID. After signing in with your Apple ID and password, under the Account section, you should see "Reachable At."

If you select "Edit," you can add an additional email address there, if needed: About your Apple ID email addresses.

Take care.

Unable to sign in to FaceTime after updating to 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.