Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications not appearing on Lock Screen

I recently upgraded my iPhone to the iPhone 12 Pro Max and set up my new phone via an iCloud backup.

When my phone is locked, I don’t receive any notifications for any alert. No sound, no vibration and in many cases, no visual banner. I know that I have received a notification as it still appears on my old iPhone, but not on my new iPhone.

I have already checked my settings and all the relevant apps have notifications turned on with the Lock Screen setting ticked along with sound and badges on. I also do not have Do Not Disturb on.

This is really frustrating as I don’t get alerted when my phone is locked for messages, emails, WhatsApp messages, doorbell notifications etc. I just get no notifications showing. Some notifications will eventually appear in my Notification Center, but not all of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 5:26 PM

I think I figured out the problem. I also own an Apple Watch. When I am wearing the Apple Watch, the notifications don’t alert on the phone. But when I don’t wear the watch, I do get the notifications.

22 replies

Nov 13, 2020 1:33 AM in response to heshan96

Change alert styles

To add or change an alert style for a notification:

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Select an app under Notification Style. 
  3. Choose a type of alert and banner style. 

You can also turn sounds and badges on or off.

Change group notification settings

You can use group notifications or keep them separate.

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Select an app and tap Notification Grouping.
  3. Select one of these options:
    • Automatic: Notifications from each app will appear in groups based on app alerts.
    • By App: All notifications from each app will be grouped into single expandable alerts.
    • Off: Notifications appear in the order they’re received, without grouping.

From here you can also choose how to show notification previews for specific apps. For example, you can have notification previews show up all the time or never, even when your device is locked.

Nov 28, 2020 10:32 PM in response to heshan96

I had about the same issue upgraded to the new iPhone 12 pro Max and when my phone is locked I get no notifications no rings or vibrations. All my apps notifications are on but still nothing. After some googling a solution I found for the time being is if you go into settings and completely turn off Bluetooth then the notifications began to work just fine on my Lock Screen

Nov 14, 2020 5:02 PM in response to JAKSBLUE

I wish. I have disabled all the notifications and then enabled them again. Tried going to a temporary banner versus persistent and still nothing.

I’ve gotten one Airmail email on my Lock Screen but there have been too many that have never shown up and one iMessage while the others haven’t shown up.

Still can’t figure the swiping down on the Lock Screen and then seeing the words “notification center” but only the same one weather notification all day long.

Very frustrating.

Nov 15, 2020 6:04 AM in response to Argentarius13

Notifications on your Apple Watch

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204791

Where you’ll see your notifications
Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.
If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.
If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Nov 15, 2020 6:08 AM in response to iW00

Before I upgraded to the 12 from the X, I would still see the notifications on both. Correct, if I got a - for example - GroupMe message, it would buzz on my watch and my phone would not alert me. But, I would still see it on the Lock Screen next time I picked up my phone. Now, I don’t even see most apps’ notifications on the Lock Screen. I have to unlock the phone and look to see if any apps have new notifications.

What can I do to ensure all apps at least appear on my Lock Screen as new notifications?

Notifications not appearing on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.