Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keeping the Dock in Big Sur

Since I updated to Big Sur this morning, the Dock is no longer showing all the time and the my screen is transparent also. How do I keep the Dock showing and get a less transparent screen

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 12:02 PM

Hello rodfromlongton,

We see that you're having an issue with the dock disappearing after upgrading to macOS Big Sur. We'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

Take a look at the article below to help with checking to see if your settings have been changed to "Automatically hide and show the Dock".

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 12:02 PM in response to rodfromlongton

Hello rodfromlongton,

We see that you're having an issue with the dock disappearing after upgrading to macOS Big Sur. We'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

Take a look at the article below to help with checking to see if your settings have been changed to "Automatically hide and show the Dock".

Change Dock & Menu Bar preferences on Mac

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Nov 20, 2020 12:42 AM in response to KMB_12

Thank you for the information it was very welcome.

I do have another question if I may ask.

I am finding the screen far to bright. I have tried to alter the colour for all of the screen but I haven't had much success.

This is my screen..

Has you maybe able to see, it's far too bright. I would like to have a different background colour, but still be able to see any images and writing better. The small writing at the bottom of your page is bending into the white colour. I know I can change to night shift to get a black background, but I find that doesn't show the images correctly.

I hope you can understand and follow my problem. Catalina was a lot better for me and I wish I could go back to it.... :(

keeping the Dock in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.