Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro 14.01 photo view in landscape mode

All of a sudden, in landscape mode (my usual view), I cannot get the photo directory menu to move off the left-hand side of my screen. The menu is taking up perhaps 25-30% of the screen real estate. I also cannot readily find screenshots album.

The menu slides in and out if I rotate between portrait and landscape. But this bug just crept in, after some sequence of clicks that I did - who knows what. I've restarted, several times, nothing changed.

Very aggravating. I want the Photos directory menu to go away. It's ruining my navigation. See screenshot of how much real estate this is using up. Is there a setting to "hide" this menu and get back to full screen real estate??

AARRRRGGGHHH.

To make photo things even worse, since the iPad 14.01 update, now when I am in iMessage (again, landscape mode), and I depress on a photo someone sends to me in order to activate the little menu (save, copy, tag, etc), the menu now appears at the FAR LEFT above the photo. So I now have to move my hand away from the blue iMessage SEND arrow (at the right) a good maybe 4 inches (?) to the far side of the photo on the left to do any menu selection. Not the end of the world, but why did this menu's screen position radically change?

Any ideas on how to fix the photo landscape problem?

Thanks.

Mia

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Ahh. So the key sequence I need to do to get back to my preferred default view is:

First scroll down the menu on the left until I reach My Albums [or whatever directory], and then select/highlight "All Albums".

Then I click the little icon at top left. voila, my albums come into landscape view. I can then browse my albums, and when I open one up, I'm still in landscape, can share, etc without that side menu returning.

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 3:11 PM in response to melissa_m77

Ahh. So the key sequence I need to do to get back to my preferred default view is:

First scroll down the menu on the left until I reach My Albums [or whatever directory], and then select/highlight "All Albums".

Then I click the little icon at top left. voila, my albums come into landscape view. I can then browse my albums, and when I open one up, I'm still in landscape, can share, etc without that side menu returning.

Thanks

Nov 19, 2020 2:14 PM in response to miamass

Hello Mia,

We understand there's an unwanted menu appearing within your iPad Photos app. To close it, look for the sidebar icon at the top left just under the time. Tapping that should allow the menu to disappear.

To share any feedback and suggestions with Apple, submit them here: Product Feedback

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities!

Have a great week!

IPad Pro 14.01 photo view in landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.