Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t log in with Apple Watch on Mac OS Big Sur

Since I updated to Mac OS Big Sur, I can’t seem to no longer automatically log on with my Apple Watch s6. Did Big Sur Dropped the feature? Or could I fix it safely? If so, How can i fix it? Thank you!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:04 AM

There are settings to try and re-set to establish the Continuity features again.

• Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

Good luck & happy trails!🌞🎣

11 replies

Nov 13, 2020 11:50 AM in response to C_christian00

Try this, from a Discussion I just replied to. First review all the requirements described in How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support which just goes without saying.

Then, open the Messages app and "Sign In" using that Apple ID. On that subject "Sign In" to FaceTime also, just for good measure. I know those apps are unrelated to each other or anything else but for whatever reason those actions have worked for me more than once in the past.

On the other hand I have experienced a similar inability to unlock the Mac that couldn't be circumvented no matter what I did. A day or two later it spontaneously started working again. Give it a day or two. While you wait, you might as well restart the Mac at some point.

Nov 13, 2020 12:19 PM in response to the_brayozz

..re: brayozz..

Hard to not assume idiocy when it shows its face without troubleshooting.

All possibilities: including sync between iPhone & Apple Watch. A 1st step

could be use Continuity info to remove Mac & Phone from the equation.

"Nothing to do with the question. Stop assuming that people are idiots.

The AW unlocking feature WAS WORKING before Big Sur." ~ brayozz

Thanks to John Galt's reply, the ideas of troubleshooting are not dead.

Links to Apple Watch and iPhone that I'd assembled toward reply here

have been deleted; but followed similar path to look further, & resolve.

Good luck!🤖💩😜

Can’t log in with Apple Watch on Mac OS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.