Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14.01 file upload fails

Since the update as of 13th of November 2020 Safari fails to be able to upload files from websites.

it is affecting Safari Version 14.0.1 (14610.2.11.51.10)

Anybody found a workaround to this?

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 3:39 AM

You do have a choice - re-install Mojave, Safari 14.0, Security Update 2020-005 & Supplemental Update 10.4.6, then Security Update 2020-006 but NOT Safari 14.0.1 and you will be back to normal. It’s surprisingly easy to do but you need to be patient as it takes a couple of hours and some of that time nothing seems to be happening.

39 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 3:39 AM in response to shimmyaries

You do have a choice - re-install Mojave, Safari 14.0, Security Update 2020-005 & Supplemental Update 10.4.6, then Security Update 2020-006 but NOT Safari 14.0.1 and you will be back to normal. It’s surprisingly easy to do but you need to be patient as it takes a couple of hours and some of that time nothing seems to be happening.

Nov 21, 2020 3:36 AM in response to jeffone8

You can re-install Mojave quite easily - see my post from Nov 20 at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252045057

It takes several steps and a couple of hours. Ensure 'Automatically keep my Mac up to date' is NOT checked in System Preferences / Software Update before updating it to the latest Security settings WITHOUT re-installing Safari 14.0.1

Nov 26, 2020 3:53 AM in response to ptjuniors

Sorry, that's no help at all. Feedback Assistant is only available on MacOS Catalina or later, whose users are not affected by this bug! And it's designed for app developers, not normal users.

We Mojave users can feedback at https://www.apple.com/feedback/ but as others on these forums have said, Apple often don't take any notice. They certainly don't read these forums.

Using an alternative browser or re-installing Mojave, Safari 14.0 and associated updates but NOT Safari 14.0.1 are the only solutions

Nov 13, 2020 2:29 PM in response to petschke

Yes, but you mean you can’t upload files from Mac TO websites. I have the same problem since updating Safari to 14.0.1 (not to be confused with iOS 14.0.1). It works fine in Firefox

This follows the fiasco on 28 September with Safari 14.0 and Security Update 2020-005, which wrecked Macs on Mojave and required an emergency Supplemental Update.

We can only hope that Apple wipe the egg off their faces quickly and fix this new glitch.

MacOS Mojave 10.4.6 / Safari 14.0.1

Nov 15, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Antony Warren

I have the same problem with Safari 14.0.1 that I recently downloaded after installing a new Mojave security update. Attachments won't work in email and pictures won't load on eBay's seller portal. I have to use Safari Technology Preview as a way to attach stuff now. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple support and they couldn't figure it out using screen sharing.

Nov 20, 2020 5:19 PM in response to petschke

I am from Japan. I met the same problem since updating to Safari 14.0.1 from Safari 14.0.0 under Mojave 10.14.6 with Security Update 2020-006. At moment, I was not able to upload any files from certain academic-related websites, while no problems to download from these websites. I verified no such problems using other browsers, Chrome and MS Edge. Also, I confirmed no such problems from Safari 14.0.0 under Mojave 10.14.6 with Security Update using other desktop Mac with Mojave 10.14.6 and Safari 14.0.0. We may have to endure for a while or switch to other browsers on this occasion.

Nov 21, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Antony Warren

Although having to do a recovery-install is not ideal, I did it not so long ago when Apple techs were trying to eliminate (by ruling out anything amiss with my own system) the bug which can prevent updates/downloads in the MAS.

Although it didn't fix that problem, a new version of 10.14(.6) did actually help with several other things I'd had going wrong.

IOW, to do this can actually amount to good housekeeping. And when we remember that one or more people may have lost their jobs in the middle of a global pandemic for whatever caused the miscoding in Safari/the OS, it does have its positive side. Good luck!

Safari 14.01 file upload fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.