Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Security Update 2020-006 download?

I downloaded and tried to install Security Update 2020-006 on my 2018 Mac Mini running Mojave 10.14.6. When I restarted after the download the screen went black and nothing happened. I let it run for nearly 3 hours. I am assuming that something went wrong in the download, but the System Update won't let me redownload it. All it does is try to reapply the same file. Where is this file so I can delete it and start fresh?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:55 AM

7 replies

Nov 13, 2020 8:32 PM in response to JimFerguson

Option (⌥) or Alt: Start up to Startup Manager, which allows you to choose other available startup

disks or volumes. If your Mac is using a firmware password, you're prompted to enter the password.

• Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

This is another tool to use, for troubleshooting and to access macOS.

Good luck & happy trails!🤖🐝

Nov 14, 2020 4:02 AM in response to William Tomcanin

I think I wasn't clear.

I am able to boot into my system. After letting it try to complete the update for about half an hour, I gave up, turned the power off, waited a few minutes and started as usual. I tried to download the update again, but it immediately started to apply what I think must be a damaged file. So while I ran some errands, I let the computer try to apply the update. After 3 hours, it had not changed. I still had a black screen with the arrow cursor. The cursor would move, but on a black screen, it did nothing. So I rebooted. I am typing this message on the problematic Mac.

I think I need to remove the Security Update 2020-006 file to download it again. The problem is that I do not know where it is on my system to remove it. Can anyone tell me where that file is?

How do I remove Security Update 2020-006 download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.