Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on iPhone 12 pro

I recently got the new iPhone 12 pro and everything worked fine in the beginning and once I updated to iOS 14.2 something went wrong with iMessage. I wouldn’t get a notification when someone texts me, also the little number next to iMessages won’t come up. When I open my texts the message is already there but I haven't viewed it yet or been notified. Also anyone who is texting me says as soon as they text me it tells them that I read their message when I really haven’t. If there’s anyone who can help me fix this issue I would gladly appreciate it. I tried so many things so far and nothing worked.

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 7:21 AM

I have tried the same thing. I googled it one day and seen many articles of people having similar issues. My girlfriend is not liking it lol. It is frustrating. I seen an update for 14.2.1 update was supposed to help people not receiving MMS messages so I updated to it, but I’m still having the same problem. VERY ANNOYING. PLEASE HELP APPLE.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 7:21 AM in response to dan_devlin

I have tried the same thing. I googled it one day and seen many articles of people having similar issues. My girlfriend is not liking it lol. It is frustrating. I seen an update for 14.2.1 update was supposed to help people not receiving MMS messages so I updated to it, but I’m still having the same problem. VERY ANNOYING. PLEASE HELP APPLE.

Nov 19, 2020 7:09 PM in response to dan_devlin

Hi there dan_devlin,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are having an issue with your Messages notifications. Check to make sure your notifications are turned on properly now that you have updated your iPhone: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Do you also use an Apple Watch? If so, you may receive your notifications on the Apple Watch instead: Notifications on your Apple Watch.

We hope this helps!

iMessage on iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.