You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable the music app?

The music app keeps turning itself on. I keep finding my headphones playing songs that I don’t listen to playing on this app that I don’t use. I want to delete it but it is not an option to delete it. How do I disable it?

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 6:53 PM

Greetings SofaCat,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you'd like to disable the Music app on your iOS device.

The Music app isn't able to be restricted in Screen Time. However, Music is an app that can be deleted. Check out the information in the following article:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2020 6:53 PM in response to SofaCat

Greetings SofaCat,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you'd like to disable the Music app on your iOS device.

The Music app isn't able to be restricted in Screen Time. However, Music is an app that can be deleted. Check out the information in the following article:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

How do I disable the music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.